Date: August 19, 2017
Branches: The Ponds YMCA
Event details and schedule
The Ponds Farmhouse
326 Hundred Oaks Parkway
7:30am Race Start Time
100m swim (2 laps in pool)
2.5 mile bike (1 time around course)
0.5 mile run
200m swim (4 laps in pool)
5 miles bike (2 times around course)
1 mile run
7/8 Boys & Girls, 9-10 Boys & Girls, 11-12 Boys & Girls, 13-14 Boys & Girls and Overall Boys & Girls.
- Race is limited to 250 participants
- No race day registration
- Online Registration ends August 16th
- In House Registration open through packet pick up at 7pm on August 18th.
- Registration received/postmarked
- Now to June 30, $25
- July 1 to August 18, $35
- Ponds residents by June 30, $15 (To receive this discount registration must be mailed in or completed at the YMCA)
Packet Pick-up: Friday, August 18, 5pm-7:30PM at The Ponds YMCA (101 Pottery Circle, Summerville SC 29483)
- Parents are not allowed in transition areas
- Shirts or one piece swim suit required
- No footwear in the pool
- No one may race shirtless
- Athletes will not be allowed to leave the bike corral without a helmet; Helmets are mandatory during the bike leg
- No bicycles with training wheels
- No headphones allowed
Practice Runs: There will be informal practice runs on Saturday, July 29th and August 12th between 8am-10am. This is for parents and children to see the course and ask questions. Located at The Ponds Farmhouse.
Refund Policy: The Youth Triathlon is held as a fundraiser for the Summerville Family YMCA. It is a rain or shine event, and no refunds will be given.
Race Day Parking – Parking will be extremely limited at the farmhouse; the Y will also be open for parking. As you enter The Ponds, you’ll see volunteers directing traffic at the roundabout. Enter the Y parking lot and you’ll be directed to a parking spot. Golf carts will be available for transport from 6am to 7:15am.