|Starting at $28,830|
Job Application Deadline:
Develops, organizes and implements high-quality sports programs, summer camps, and special events.
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Expands and enhances Oakbrook sports, summer camps, and special events to meet community needs.
2. Creates and manages all sports, summer camp/specialty camps, and event budgets.
3. Purchases, stores, and does inventory for all necessary equipment for programs.
4. Creates rosters and schedules for all teams and organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings as well as training and meetings for coaches.
5. Organizes and conducts sports clinics during the offseason to enhance programs.
6. Assists in the marketing and distribution of sports programs and special events information.
7. Organize and schedule program registrations.
8. Review and process program scholarship applications.
9. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with members, program participants, volunteers, community leaders, school districts officials, and local churches.
10. Assists in YMCA fundraising activities and special events.
11. Responsive to all member and community inquiries.
12. Attends Program Committee and Facility meetings.
13. Monitors and evaluates programs for effectiveness.
14. Collaborates to enhance program offerings.
15. Obtains team sponsors every season.
16. Field maintenance including building & breaking down of the fields, maintain the safety of the field space & keeping it clean.
17. All other duties as assigned by the VP of Programs.
• Set an example for the members by displaying YMCA Core Values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
• Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of the team. Effectively creates and manages budgets.
Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. At least 18 years of age with a high school diploma, college degree preferred.
2. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and HR online training within 30 days of hire date.
3. Previous experience working with children in an educational and developmental setting preferred.
4. Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate programs and activities.
5. Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
Lifting (min 25 lbs)