Job Title: EnhanceFitness Instructor
Branch: Downtown YMCA, YMCA at The Ponds
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time (hourly)
Reports to: Director of Community Health
Job: Grade 6
Min: $16.02 Mid: $20.02 Max: $ 24.02
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Director of Community Health, lead EnhanceFitness Classes for older adults in a safe and effective manner, per program protocols. Create a sense of community among participants while ensuring that each participant’s individual health and safety needs are considered.
- Conduct EnhanceFitness classes per program protocol, as assigned by coordinator.
- Set up and takes down equipment before/after class.
- Report any equipment problems/malfunctions to Health & Wellness team.
- Be available to work flexible hours, based around the class times offered for participants’ schedule. Give a minimum of 24 hours’ notice if you cannot work directly to either Director or Coordinator of Community Health. Notify and reschedule any appointments you cannot attend.
- Ensure safe and effective workouts. Report any accidents or injuries to Fitness Supervisor or Wellness Center Director.
- Ability to set up, move and store class equipment.
- Maintain participant confidentiality by managing program records according to best practices.
- Ensure the members are in a safe environment by continuously scanning the area and making necessary adjustments.
- Be prompt and prepared for all classes, starting and ending on time.
- Respond to participant feedback and requests for information.
- Initiate communications with Director or Coordinator of Community Health as necessary concerning program problems, personnel conflicts, and member concerns.
- Set an example for the participants by displaying mission for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
Carrying X Kneeling X Pushing X Sitting X
Climbing X Lifting X Running X Stooping X
Crouching X Pulling X Standing X Walking X
- Nationally Certified Group Fitness Certification ( ACE, AFTA, IFTA, NETA,)
- CPR/AED Certified (adult and child)