JOB TITLE: Moving for Better Balance Instructor Branch: ALL
FLSA Status: Non-exempt (hourly), part-time
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Health Job: Grade Min Mid Max
4 $9.78 $12.22 $14.66
Facilitate delivery of Moving for Better Balance, provide support and guidance to program participants, and maintain fidelity to the curriculum.
Must have strong communication, organization, and relationship-building skills; the ability to build community within a group; good attention to detail; and empathy for health seekers. Must be flexible to work with people from different backgrounds and walks of life and in a wide variety of settings. Should be comfortable with data and possess strong computer skills. Cultural competency and understanding of behavior change are required. Familiarity and proficiency with Listen First or motivational interviewing highly encouraged. This position reports to the Moving For Better Balance Program Coordinator. Employment is contingent upon attending and passing the Moving For Better Balance instructor training and other requirements as solely determined by the YMCA.
• Deliver curriculum to program participants in effective, meaningful, and compelling ways.
• Cultivate participant commitment and support retention of participants.
• Create a safe, judgment-free, and encouraging environment that is friendly and non-competitive for participants.
• Foster relationships with and between participants.
• Travel to community locations for program delivery.
• Prepare for each session (e.g., review session content, review notes and participant at-home practice trackers, conduct participant reminder calls).
• Be accessible to participants before and after sessions to answer questions and provide follow-up.
• Follow-up with participants outside of class as needed.
• Record bi-weekly data for each participant (attendance, at-home tracker completion).
• Arrive for class on time and dressed appropriately.
• Connect with Program Coordinator on a regular basis to update on program status and progress and as per any additional expectations outlines.
- High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
- At least 18 years of age
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.