GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (hourly) Part-Time
Job: Grade II
Min: $7.60 Mid: $9.50 Max: $11.40
Reports to: Membership Director
- The position of Member Engagement Assistant (Front Desk) is a part-time position located Downtown & the Ponds. This position works in direct contact with current and potential members. Primary duties are, but not limited to, being a source of information to both current and potential members, processing program registrations and memberships, and processing cash and non-cash transactions.
- Greet members and guests.
- Conducting tours of the Wellness Center.
- Knowledgeable of YMCA departments and programs.
- Answering inquiries, both in person and over the phone.
- Knowledgeable regarding fees: class, joining, and program.
- Ability to change account status and charge necessary fees.
- Ability to accept and record all payments (cash/check/credit card).
- Responsible for keeping up to date with procedures by reading the Front Desk Journal at the start of every shift.
- Run nightly close out and balance with cash, checks, and credit cards while ensuring till is left at nightly balance amount.
- Ensure nightly close out envelope is secured in safe.
- Ensure doors and cabinets are locked and keys are secured in safe.
- Assist Members/Program members with program registration(s).
- Ability to address ALERTS with members in a discreet manner.
- Answer member questions regarding account information.
- Perform varies cleaning duties as assigned.
- Resolve member complaints and issues. If necessary, properly refer them to appropriate supervisor or director.
- Attend and participate in monthly staff meeting.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Set an example for the members by displaying YMCA Core Values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
CPR/AED Certified (child and adult) Certification opportunities available after hire. Completion of mandatory on-line courses within 14 days of hire.
Proficient in the Windows Environment, emphasis on Word and Excel.
High School diploma or currently enrolled.
Carrying _X_ Kneeling_X_ Pushing_X_ Sitting_X_
Climbing_X_ Lifting_X (min 25 lbs)_ Running_X_ Stooping_X_
Crouching_X_ Pulling_X_ Standing_X_ Walking_X_
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members. Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.