Job Title: Child Watch Attendant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly) Part-Time
Reports To: Child Watch Supervisor
Min Mid Max
$7.25 $9.06 $10.88
General Statement of Duties
The position of Child Watch Attendant is a part-time position located at our Downton & Ponds Branch. Primary duties are, but not limited to, providing a safe and fun environment for children while their parent(s) are exercising at the Wellness Center.
The employee is required to take the required 2 YMCA training courses online within the first 14 days of employment. CPR certification within 3 months of hire.
- Sign-in/out children.
- Placing nametag on child and all items brought in by child, i.e. diaper bags, backpacks.
- Issuing pagers to parent(s) of child(ren) with allergies or other medical concerns.
- Patrolling indoor and outdoor play areas for trash or hazardous materials.
- Scanning equipment to ensure in safe and working condition.
- Ensure children are being played with and entertained.
- Ensure diapers and clothing are being changed when necessary.
- Ensure that children are being supervised and cared for correctly.
- Thorough knowledge of Risk Management policies.
- Thorough knowledge of Emergency Procedures, i.e. fire or inclement weather.
- Administer discipline in a fair manner. ONLY acceptable form of discipline is TIME OUT!! Parents are notified when discipline was necessary.
- Ensure parents are being kept informed of children’s behavior.
- Set an example for the members by displaying YMCA Core Values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
CPR/AED Certified (child and adult)
High School diploma or currently enrolled.
Carrying _X_ Kneeling_X_ Pushing_X_ Sitting_X_
Climbing_X_ Lifting_X (min 25 lbs)_ Running_X_ Stooping_X_
Crouching_X_ Pulling_X_ Standing_X_ Walking_X_