Job Title: Floor Tech
Branch: Downtown & Ponds
FLSA Status: Non-exempt (hourly) Part-Time
Reports to: Wellness Director Grade Starting pay
Revision Date: April 18, 2023 I $9.50
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Wellness Director, the Floor Tech is responsible for maintaining the Wellness Center, conducting New Member Orientations, monitoring the Wellness Rooms, assisting and attending to members, ensuring a clean and safe environment and other assorted shift duties.
- Perform intakes including obtaining member consent form, health history questionnaire and getting physician clearance if necessary.
- Take blood pressure and resting heart rate of new members.
- Discuss available training programs.
- Schedule training appointments.
- Promote wellness programs and enforce all YMCA policies.
- Ensure the members are in a safe environment by continuously scanning the area and making necessary adjustments.
- Proper cleaning of equipment.
- Perform shift duties including but not limited to vacuuming and filling/cleaning bottles.
- Collection of used linens, launder and take to appropriate areas.
- Monitor locker rooms and wellness rooms.
- Apply risk management training if necessary.
- Respond to participant feedback and requests for information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Wellness Director and other supervisors.
- Set an example for the participants by displaying the YMCA Core Values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and all others.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Communicate clearly orally and in writing.
Carrying _X_ Kneeling_X_ Pushing_X_ Sitting_X_
Climbing_X_ Lifting (min 30 lbs)_X_ Running_X_ Stooping_X_
Crouching_X_ Pulling_X_ Standing_X_ Walking_X_
- CPR/AED Certified (adult and child) within 3 months of hire.
- Basic knowledge of fitness components.
- Completion of all required on-line courses prior to 1st day of work.
- High School diploma or currently enrolled.
Employee Signature Date
Wellness Director Date