Job Title: Floor Tech
Branch: Downtown & Ponds
FLSA Status: Non-exempt (hourly) Part-Time
Reports to: Wellness Director
Grade Min Mid Max
I 7.25 9.06 10.88
Revision Date: 12 May, 2020
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Wellness Director, the Floor Tech is responsible for maintaining the Wellness Center, conducting New Member Orientations, monitoring the Wellness Rooms, assisting and attending to members, ensuring a clean and safe environment and other assorted shift duties.
- Perform intakes including obtaining member consent form, health history questionnaire and getting physician clearance if necessary.
- Take blood pressure and resting heart rate of new members.
- Discuss available training programs.
- Schedule training appointments.
- Promote wellness programs and enforce all YMCA policies.
- Ensure the members are in a safe environment by continuously scanning the area and making necessary adjustments.
- Proper cleaning of equipment.
- Perform shift duties including but not limited to vacuuming and filling/cleaning bottles.
- Collection of used linens, launder and take to appropriate areas.
- Monitor locker rooms and wellness rooms.
- Apply risk management training if necessary.
- Respond to participant feedback and requests for information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Wellness Director and other supervisors.
- Set an example for the participants by displaying the YMCA Core Values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.