Job Title: Gymnastics Head Team Coach
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (hourly), Part Time
Reports to: Gymnastics Director
Job: Starting Pay
Revision Date: August 01, 2022
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The position of Head Team Coach is a part-time position with responsibilities at the John Tupper Gymnastics Facility. Primary duties are, but not limited to, supervising team coaches and coaching the competitive team at practice and Gymnastics meets.
- Supervise team coaches.
- Schedule and run team staff meetings.
- Schedule and run parent meetings.
- Communicate with parents regarding child’s progress.
- Effectively communicate with parents regarding daily issues and gymnasts’ progress.
- Complete gymnast’s paperwork for meets and forward information to hosts’ gymnasium.
- Obtain gymnasts membership from USAG and/or AAU.
- Order/design new leotards as necessary.
- Develop meet entries.
- Coach competitive practices.
- Attend special trainings when necessary.
- Keep current on changing rules and gymnastic trends.
- Ensure proper techniques during stretches.
- Knowledgeable about competitive skills and progressions.
- Knowledge of compulsory routines.
- Monitor gymnasts’ activities by walking the floor.
- Ability to travel with team to meets.
- Awareness of legal rules.
- Thorough knowledge of Risk Management policies.
- Instruct groups in a effective manner by ensuring skill progressions are met.
- Work in conjunction with Pre-Team Coach to ensure cohesiveness between pre-team and team.
- Ensure that gymnasts’ are performing in a safe environment by continuously scanning the area and making necessary adjustments. I.e. moving mats and adjusting equipment.
- Effectively communicate with Gymnastics Director regarding daily activities and issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Gymnastics Director, Executive Director, or CEO.
- Supervise coaching staff.
- Coach competitive practices
- Set an example for the participants by displaying YMCA Core Values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
- USAG Safety Certified.
- CPR/AED Certified (child and adult)
High School Diploma is necessary, some college a plus.
Proficient in a Windows Environment, emphasis on Word and Excel.
Head Team Coach Date
Gymnastics Director Date