Job Title: Gymnastics Team Coach
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (hourly), Part Time
Reports to: Gymnastics Director
Job: Starting Pay $10.00
Revision Date: October 01, 2022
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The position of Gymnastics Coach is a part-time position with responsibilities at the John Tupper Gymnastics Facility. Primary duty is, but not limited to, coaching competitive team to prepare gymnasts for competitions and to further their gymnastics career.
The employee is required to take all required on-line courses prior to 1st day of work. CPR/AED certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Coach competitive practices.
- Attend special trainings when necessary.
- Assist with special events. i.e. performances and home meets.
- Ensure proper techniques during stretches.
- Knowledgeable about competitive skills and progressions.
- Knowledge of compulsory routines.
- Monitor gymnasts’ activities by walking the floor.
- Instruct your groups in a creative manner by ensuring skill progressions are met.
- Ensure that gymnasts’ are performing in a safe environment by continuously scanning the area and making necessary adjustments. i.e. moving mats and adjusting equipment.
- General cleaning duties as assigned. i.e. mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, etc.
- Effectively communicate with Head Coach regarding gymnasts’ progress.
- Effectively communicate with Head Coach regarding daily activities and issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Head Coach, Gymnastics Director, Executive Director, or CEO.
- Coach competitive classes.
- Set an example for the participants by displaying YMCA Core Values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Communicate clearly and concisely
Carrying _X_ Kneeling_X_ Pushing_X_ Sitting_X_
Climbing_X_ Lifting_X (min 25 lbs)_ Running_X_ Stooping_X_
Crouching_X_ Pulling_X_ Standing_X_ Walking_X_
- USAG Safety Certified preferred.
- CPR/AED Certified (child and adult)
- First Aid Certified
High School diploma or currently enrolled.
Employee Signature Date
Gymnastics Director Signature Date