COMING WINTER 2019!
DID YOU KNOW?
Childhood overweight and obesity are highly prevalent in the United States, affecting one-third of children and adolescents. Since 1980, the rates of obesity have tripled for children aged 2 to 19 years.
Healthy Weight and Your Child focuses on healthy eating, regular physical activity, and behavior change to empower children to live a healthier and active lifestyle. Families will work with trained Leaders for the duration of the 25-session program.
- 2-hour sessions (classroom setting first hour and physical activity second hour)
- Sessions 1-20 are delivered two days per week
- Sessions 21-25 are delivered one day per week
TO QUALIFY, A CHILD MUST:
- Be 7-13 years old
- Carry excess weight, with a body mass index of the 95th percentile or higher
- Receive clearance from a healthcare provider or school nurse to participate in physical activity
- Have an adult attend ALL sessions with them
Session Dates: February to May
Class Times: Tuesday and Thursday 6pm to 8pm
Location: Oakbrook YMCA (900 Crosscreek Dr.)
What Should I Expect from the Class?
Why is the Program Family-Based?
How do I Register?
Do I need Medical Clearance to Participate?
What are the Program Goals & Other Health Benefits?