|Mother’s Morning Out Counselor|
|Downtown YMCA, Oakbrook YMCA|
|Starting at $7.60|
Job Application Deadline:
The position of Childcare Counselor is a part-time position within the Mom’s Morning Out Program. Primary duty is, but not limited to, providing a safe and fun environment for children while participating in childcare programs.
The position of Childcare Counselor is a part-time position located at the Oakbrook Facility within the Mom’s Morning Out Program. Primary duty is, but not limited to, providing a safe and fun environment for children while participating in childcare programs.
• Sign-in children at off site.
• Plan and inform lead counselor (front desk) of activities Thursday each week.
• Daily report given to parents upon pick up.
• Patrolling indoor and outdoor play areas for trash or hazardous materials.
• Scanning equipment to ensure in working condition.
• Do art projects, sing songs, read books, and give value lessons.
• Interact with children. (Playing games)
• Thorough knowledge of Emergency Procedures, i.e. fire or inclement weather.
• Administer discipline in a fair manner. ONLY acceptable form of discipline is TIME OUT!! Parents are notified when discipline was necessary.
• General cleaning duties as assigned. I.e. mopping, sweeping disinfecting, etc.
• Changing diapers and assisting in feeding.
• Maintains positive relationship with other staff and participants through seeking to understand the other’s point of view, building credibility, and remaining calm in challenging situations.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by Family Program Director, VP of Programs, or CEO.
• Set an example for the members by displaying YMCA Core Values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
• Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
High School diploma or currently enrolled.