Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly) Full-Time
Reports To: Oakbrook Branch Director
Job: Grade Min.
Revision Date: January 25, 2023
The employee is required to take all required on-line courses. Employee must also be CPR certified (adult & child) within 3 months of hire. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
This position is directly responsible for all property maintenance including building and grounds improvements, and continued preservation of the Oakbrook facilities, equipment, and vehicles.
- Ability to assist Branch Director in maintenance budget development and monitoring throughout the year.
- Basic plumbing repair and maintenance including, but not limited to, residential and commercial toilets, sinks, and outdoor water supplies.
- Basic electrical repair and maintenance including, but not limited to, residential and commercial interior and exterior lighting, sports field lighting, aquatic lighting, and emergency lighting.
- Basic carpentry repair and maintenance of wooden, metal, brick, concrete and composite material structures.
- Basic automotive/equipment repair and maintenance including, but not limited to, small engines.
- Basic sports field repair and maintenance including but not limited to turf planting and fertilization, and hydration.
- Basic sports field design for safety, space, and efficiency including vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Basic sports field construction using field marking and measurement equipment. Emphasis on building sports fields upon request from the Sports Director.
- Basic property management and preventative maintenance calendar development and supervision.
- Basic supervision of employees including, but not limited to, assigning daily duties, overseeing of work to be completed, payroll, and employee discipline according to YMCA established guidelines.
- Assist in set-up and clean-up at all special events.
- Provide assistants in all special projects as requested.
- Preventative maintenance of utility vehicles and assets.
- Ability to maintain the sports complex in addition to maintaining the pool and childcare facility needs.
- Any other duties assigned by Branch Director.
- Set an example for the members by displaying YMCA Core Values: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- High school diploma with at least 2 years of work related experience.
Carrying _X_ Kneeling_X_ Pushing_X_ Sitting_X_
Climbing_X_ Lifting_X (min 30 lbs) Running_X_ Stooping_X_
Crouching_X_ Pulling_X_ Standing_X_ Walking_X_
YMCA Competency Model: Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
The above job description offers a synopsis of the Summerville Family YMCA’s Oakbrook Maintenance Supervisor position. Various alternate jobs and duties may be assigned on a case by case basis.
By signing, I understand and accept the stated job description and pledge to fulfill my duties accordingly.
Maintenance Supervisor’s Signature Date
Oakbrook Executive’s Signature Date