Job Title: Member Engagement Director
FLSA Status: FT, exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Revision Date: 01/06/2023 Salary Range: $35,568.00 – $42,000.00
The employee is required to take the required YMCA training courses online within 14 days of hire. Employee must also be CPR certified (Adult and Child) within 3 months of hire.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Member Engagement Director will be responsible for providing front line member service to members and guests by contributing to a welcoming, supportive environment. The Member Engagement Director is responsible for facilitating communication to and between members, guests and staff. They will be responsible for monitoring facility access, safety and security and for maintaining the integrity and organization of the membership department and any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university in business, marketing, human resources or related field, preferred or –
- 2-year degree with at least 2 years of related work experience or –
- High School diploma with at least 4 years of related work experience.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of staff directors, staff, members and general public.
- Ability to problem solve and effectively communicate with staff, co-workers and/or members.
- Highly motivated with the consistent ability to meet/exceed goals.
- Self-driven with the ability to set effective team and individual goals and take ownership for results.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and adapt to changing contexts and priorities.
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills with the ability to identify and leverage relevant data to use in planning and decision-making.
- Ability to understand, adapt to and interact with diverse people, teams, perspectives and cultures.
- Primary point of contact for Member customer service. Along with front desk receptionists, handle customer requests, inquiries, and complaints. If necessary, properly refer problems to appropriate directors.
- Ability to move the environment of positivity and excellence forward to create the best member experience.
- Assist in planning, facilitating and the implementation of promotions, member engagement, retention initiatives and special events.
- Promote steady and escalating growth in membership and strengthened staff/member, member/member relationships.
- Effectively communicate the YMCA’s mission to the staff, members and community.
- Intermediate supervision of front desk staff to include scheduling, payroll, conflict resolution, and procedure implementation.
- With the Executive Director, develop, maintain, and administer administrative tasks and procedures.
- Coordinate initial and continuing training for front desk staff in office procedures and customer service.
- Assist committees and staff in creating and carrying out policies with the Executive Director, maintain and troubleshoot member software and database.
- Assist Finance staff in membership billing, accounting and collections.
- Continuous evaluation, approval and monitoring of branch membership scholarships.
- Actively promote membership enrollment and ensure accurate and correct data entry of all membership paperwork.
- Assists with the Annual Support Campaign and related activities and other special events.
- Assists in generating and analyzing membership, enrollment, and revenue reports to monitor and report on achievement of membership goals.
- Completes all job related, supervisory and other trainings as required.
Carrying _X_ Kneeling_X_ Pushing_X_ Sitting_X_
Climbing_X_ Lifting_X (min 25 lbs)_Running_X_ Stooping_X_
Crouching_X_ Pulling_X_ Standing_X_ Walking_X_
YMCA Competency Model: Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
The above job description offers a synopsis of the Summerville Family YMCA’s Member Engagement Director’s position. Various alternate jobs and duties may be assigned on a case by case basis.
By signing, I understand and accept the stated job description and pledge to fulfill my duties accordingly.
Employee Signature Date
Executive Director Signature Date