GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (hourly) Part-Time
Job: Grade II
Min: $7.60 Mid: $9.50 Max: $11.40
Reports to: Membership Director
- The position of Member Engagement Assistant (Front Desk) is a part-time position located Downtown & the Ponds. This position works in direct contact with current and potential members. Primary duties are, but not limited to, being a source of information to both current and potential members, processing program registrations and memberships, and processing cash and non-cash transactions.
- Greet members and guests.
- Conducting tours of the Wellness Center.
- Knowledgeable of YMCA departments and programs.
- Answering inquiries, both in person and over the phone.
- Knowledgeable regarding fees: class, joining, and program.
- Ability to change account status and charge necessary fees.
- Ability to accept and record all payments (cash/check/credit card).
- Responsible for keeping up to date with procedures by reading the Front Desk Journal at the start of every shift.
- Run nightly close out and balance with cash, checks, and credit cards while ensuring till is left at nightly balance amount.
- Ensure nightly close out envelope is secured in safe.
- Ensure doors and cabinets are locked and keys are secured in safe.
- Assist Members/Program members with program registration(s).
- Ability to address ALERTS with members in a discreet manner.
- Answer member questions regarding account information.
- Perform varies cleaning duties as assigned.
- Resolve member complaints and issues. If necessary, properly refer them to appropriate supervisor or director.
- Attend and participate in monthly staff meeting.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Set an example for the members by displaying YMCA Core Values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
CPR/AED Certified (child and adult) Certification opportunities available after hire. Completion of mandatory on-line courses within 14 days of hire.
Proficient in the Windows Environment, emphasis on Word and Excel.
High School diploma or currently enrolled.
Carrying _X_ Kneeling_X_ Pushing_X_ Sitting_X_
Climbing_X_ Lifting_X (min 25 lbs)_ Running_X_ Stooping_X_
Crouching_X_ Pulling_X_ Standing_X_ Walking_X_