Job Title: Tumbling Instructor
FLSA Status: Part-Time, non-exempt (hourly)
Reports to: Gymnastics Director
Revision Date: January 09, 2023 Starting Pay: $15.00
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The position of Tumbling Instructor is a part-time position with responsibilities at the John Tupper Gymnastics Facility. Primary duty is, but not limited to, instructing tumbling classes.
The employee is required to complete all mandatory on-line training courses, as well as get CPR certified within 3 months of hire. The position is for a Tumbling Coach. Instructor must be proficient in and able to SPOT tumbling. This position is for all levels of tumbling. Knowledge and spotting of at least a back layout is required.
- Instruct tumbling classes.
- Assist with special events: i.e. parent’s night out and birthday parties.
- Taking class attendance.
- Lead stretches.
- Ensure proper techniques during stretches.
- Monitor gymnasts’ activities by walking the floor.
- Instruct groups in a creative manner by ensuring skill sets are met.
- Ensure that gymnasts’ are performing in a safe environment by continuously scanning the area and making necessary adjustments. I.e. moving mats and adjusting equipment.
- Effectively communicate in a timely manner with parents regarding students’ progress.
- Respond to participant feedback and requests for information.
- General cleaning duties as assigned. I.e. mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of Emergency Procedures, i.e. fire or inclement weather.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Assistant Gymnastics Director, Gymnastics Director.
- Teaching private lessons may also be available.
- Instruct tumbling classes and events.
- Set an example for the participants by displaying YMCA Core Values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of indoor settings.
Carrying X Kneeling X Pushing X Sitting X
Climbing X Lifting X (min 25 lbs) Running X Stooping X
Crouching X Pulling X Standing X Walking X
Spotting through High School age athletes X
High School diploma or currently enrolled.
Employee Signature Date
Gymnastics Director Date