Summerville Family YMCA Membership
Welcome To A Better You!
YMCA members experience a sense of belonging, achievement, and friendship that’s hard to find anywhere else. Good habits become enjoyable routines and workout friends become family. The Y brings people closer together through programs for the whole family. When you join the Y, you’ll gain access to hundreds of programs all at a special member rate. Membership is open to the entire community—regardless of age, income, or fitness level. Whether you’re an adult, student, an active senior, or a family with or without kids, we have a membership type for you! Join one of our many locations and imagine the possibilities.
When you join the Summerville Family YMCA, you become part of a worldwide association of people working together to improve the quality of life for individuals, families and the community.
We operate with three core areas of impact:
- Youth Development: providing care and education for infants and preschoolers; and development for school-age children and teens through sports, athletics and leadership programs.
- Healthy Living: providing classes and programs to promote health and overall wellbeing.
- Social Responsibility: engaging the community in activities such as child protection education and philanthropic fundraising to assure broad access to Y programs and services.
Our staff is committed to instilling our Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility in all that we do, from teaching a class to maintaining our facilities.
Benefits of Membership
- Access to YMCA’s Nationwide
- Access to all three Summerville facilities: Downtown Summerville | Oakbrook | The Ponds
- Unlimited Group Fitness Classes
- Personal Training
- PEAK Group Training
- The YARD
- Complementary Childcare while you workout
- Special member events
- Indoor and outdoor saltwater pools
- Two sports complexes
- Multi-sport gymnasium
- 10,000 sq foot Gymnastics Center
- Competitive teams: swimming, gymnastics, triathlon and run group
- Evidence-Based Wellness Programs:
- Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring
- LIVESTRONG @the YMCA
- Moving for Better Balance
- YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention
- Healthy Weight & Your Child
- Up to 50% off non-member rates for programs that includes
- Summer Camps
- Little Learners
- Afterschool Enrichment
- Swim Lessons
Membership Benefits at a Glance
Group Fitness Classes
Workplace Wellness Membership
At the Summerville Family YMCA, we are committed to helping people grow in spirit, mind, and body. We’re more than gym: we’re a cause and a community that gives members a supportive environment that motivates individuals to take control of their health and well-being. We offer a wide array of programs, services and volunteer opportunities to help them stay healthy and connected.
Through the YMCA Workplace Wellness Membership program, we will partner together to improve the well-being of your employees and your company by inspiring wellness and productivity, a valuable corporate outcome.
YMCA Membership is Good For Business
Increased Productivity: Corporate Wellness Programs result in an 8% increase in employee productivity and a 19% decrease in absenteeism.
Lower Health Care Costs: Companies that implement wellness programs have a 25% reduction in medical costs and a 32% reduction in workers compensation and disability costs.
Healthy Employees: Positive lifestyle changes, such as increased physical activity and a healthy diet, can prevent diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease, and asthma.
Happy Employees: Employees who exercise regularly tend to be more positive and have more energy, which leads to high employee morale. Implementing a corporate wellness program has also been shown to improve employee recruitment and retention
Benefits of Workplace Wellness Memberships
- Membership discounts
- YMCA representation at company health fairs
- Usage reports
- On-site fitness classes
For more information, please email our VP of Community Relations.