Summerville Family YMCA
Job Title: Swim Instructor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly) Part-Time
Reports To: Aquatics Director
Job: Grade Starting Pay
General Statement of Duties:
Under the general direction of the Aquatic Director, the Swim Instructor is responsible for providing direct leadership, instruction and motivator for students in swimming classes.
- Current certification in CPR, plus YMCA Swim Lesson Certification or Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification preferred.
- Knowledge and enforcement of pool rules and regulations.
- Understanding of risk management issues and safety requirements for the facility
- Must have good communication skills
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques
- The Swim Instructor will be responsible for:
- Instructs swimming lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly.
- Maintains records as required (ie. Attendance, progress reports, etc)
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment.
- Trains and supervises new class aides as assigned.
- Secures a qualified substitute sub when needed, and notifies supervisor of the shift change.
- Teaches to the YMCA standard and within safety guidelines set forth.
- The Swim Instructor will be responsible for observing the following rules.
- No Alcohol or drugs will be used on the job at any time.
- Report all job accidents the same day the accident happens.
- Obtain authorization from your supervisor for all non-emergency treatments for accidents.
- Wear seat belts at all times in company vehicles
- Keep the area where you work clean and neat at all times.
- Do not remove or bypass any guards on any machinery at any time.
- Ask you supervisor when you need additional equipment or instructions to get the job done safely.
- Lift with your legs, not your back, and get assistance with loads over 50 pounds.
- Advise your supervisor of any hazardous conditions.
- Follow all other written and spoken safety rules.
Effect on End Result:
The Swim Instructor represents the Summerville Family YMCA in a professional, courteous, friendly, and helpful manner to members and prospective members.
Carrying _X_ Kneeling_X_ Pushing_X_ Sitting_X_
Climbing_X_ Lifting_X (min 25 lbs)Running_X_ Stooping_X_
Crouching_X_ Pulling_X_ Standing_X_ Walking_X_
Employee Signature Date
Aquatics Director Signature Date