|Starting at $7.25|
Job Application Deadline:
The After-School Counselor is responsible for planning, leading and implementing recreational and creative experiences for school aged children in a group setting. The incumbent provides high quality recreational experiences for school aged children that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility and caring.
• Sign-in children.
• Patrolling indoor and outdoor play areas for trash or hazardous materials.
• Scanning equipment to ensure in working condition.
• DO art projects, give value lessons, and oversee homework.
• Interact with children. (Playing games)
• Thorough knowledge of Emergency Procedures, i.e. fire or inclement weather.
• Administer discipline in a fair manner. ONLY acceptable form of discipline is TIME OUT!! Parents are notified when discipline was necessary.
• General cleaning duties as assigned. I.e. mopping, sweeping disinfecting, etc.
• Changing diapers and assisting in feeding.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by Childcare Director, COO, or CEO.
• Set an example for the members by displaying YMCA Core Values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
• Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
High School diploma or currently enrolled.
Carrying _X_ Kneeling_X_ Pushing_X_ Sitting_X_
Climbing_X_ Lifting_X_ Running_X_ Stooping_X_
Crouching_X_ Pulling_X_ Standing_X_ Walking_X_