Provides safe transportation to and from program sites while maintaining a supportive and positive atmosphere. May also provide support in other areas as assigned.
1. Drives bus safely according to YMCA policies and procedures and state laws.
2. Completes thorough before-and-after trip checks each day and record all information. Records gas level, mileage, and maintenance on designated forms. Cleans out bus each day.
3. Promotes safety at all times by keeping first aid supplies fully stocked.
4. Ensures that bus rules are announced and followed.
5. Develops friendly and positive relationships among staff, volunteers, parents, and children.
6. Communicates regularly with other staff members and supervisor.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Minimum one year work experience as a bus driver.
2. Possess appropriate class license.
3. Knowledge of the rules/guidelines related to commercial passenger vehicles (bus).
4. Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR and First Aid.
5. Desire and ability to work with children.
6. Track record of building relationships with staff, volunteers, and parents.
7. Must provide driving record.
1. Ability to safely drive a bus for long periods of time.
2. Ability to respond to emergency situations.
3. Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
related to the activity.