Job Title: Certified Personal Trainer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly), Part-Time
Reports to: Wellness Director
Revised: May 20, 2020
Job (CPT): Grade Min Mid Max Job: (PT): Grade Min Mid Max
3 8.36 10.45 12.54 7 18.29 22.86 27.43
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Wellness Director, the Personal Trainer is responsible for educating, motivating and designing safe and effective exercise programs that are appropriate for their clients’ training routines. As floor staff they are responsible for maintaining the Wellness Center, cleaning equipment, conduction new member orientations and assisting members. In both positions they are responsible for engaging with members to deepen their understanding of our philanthropic work.
- Interacts with a positive attitude towards members and clients.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing and teaching safe and effective exercise techniques.
- Monitors client’s progress with appropriate documentation.
- Applies appropriate program design in establishing client-training routines.
- Perform intakes including obtaining member consent form, health history questionnaire and getting physician clearance if necessary.
- Contacts potential clients in a timely fashion and maintains accurate paperwork including all clearances, signatures etc.
- Assumes full responsibility for scheduled appointments and begins each session on time.
- Communicates to the Wellness Director any new clients obtained on their own.
- Take blood pressure and resting heart rate of new members.
- Promote wellness programs and enforce all YMCA policies.
- Proper cleaning of equipment and other duties including vacuuming and refilling bottles.
- Ensure member safety by continuously scanning the area and making necessary adjustments.
- Apply risk management training if necessary.
- Follow all policy concerning personal appearance and dress code.
- Attends mandatory staff meetings.
- Collection of used linens, launder and take to appropriate areas.
- Respond to participant feedback and requests for information.
- Must work a minimum of 2 floor shifts per week to be able to accept clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Wellness Director, CEO and other directors.
- Set an example for the participants by displaying the YMCA Core Values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff and others contacted in the course of the work.
- Exercise good judgment, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Must possess a professional image and have the ability to provide positive feedback, motivation and encouragement. Must be flexible and adaptable in order to accommodate their clients’ needs and wants. The Personal Trainer must be able to set an excellent example of health, fitness and provide continuity in member service.
- Communicate clearly orally and in writing.
Carrying _X_ Kneeling_X_ Pushing_X_ Sitting_X_
Climbing_X_ Lifting (min 30 lbs)_X_ Running_X_ Stooping_X_
Crouching_X_ Pulling_X_ Standing_X_ Walking_X_
- Personal training certification such as ACE, AFAA, NASM, ACSM or other nationally recognized certification.
- CPR/AED Certified (adult & child)
- Online HIPAA training
- High School Diploma or equivalent.