REPORTS TO: Member Engagement Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (hourly) Part-Time
BRANCH: Ponds (Nights/Weekends)
Grade / Min / Mid / Max
II / $7.60 / $9.50 / $11.40
The position of Member Engagement Assistant (Front Desk) is a part-time position located Downtown & the Ponds. This position works in direct contact with current and potential members. Primary duties are, but not limited to, being a source of information to both current and potential members, processing program registrations and memberships, and processing cash and non-cash transactions.
- Greet members and guests.
- Conducting tours of the Wellness Center.
- Knowledgeable of YMCA departments and programs.
- Answering inquiries, both in person and over the phone.
- Knowledgeable regarding fees: class, joining, and program.
- Ability to change account status and charge necessary fees.
- Ability to accept and record all payments (cash/check/credit card).
- Responsible for keeping up to date with procedures by reading the Front Desk Journal at the start of every shift.
- Run nightly close out and balance with cash, checks, and credit cards while ensuring till is left at nightly balance amount.
- Ensure nightly close out envelope is secured in safe.
- Ensure doors and cabinets are locked and keys are secured in safe.
- Assist Members/Program members with program registration(s).
- Ability to address ALERTS with members in a discreet manner.
- Answer member questions regarding account information.
- Perform varies cleaning duties as assigned.
- Resolve member complaints and issues. If necessary, properly refer them to appropriate supervisor or director.
- Attend and participate in monthly staff meeting.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Set an example for the members by displaying YMCA Core Values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
CPR/AED certification (child and adult) required within 3 months of hire. Completion of all mandatory online courses is required in order to be allowed to work.
Proficient in the Windows Environment, emphasis on Word and Excel.
High School diploma or currently enrolled.
- Lifting (min 25 lbs)