Job Title: Group Fitness Instructor (Silver Sneakers)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time (hourly)
Reports to: Wellness Director Job: Grade Starting pay
Revision Date: February 10, 2023 6 18.18
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The position of Group Fitness Instructor is a part-time position with responsibilities at the Summerville Family YMCA. Primary duty is, but not limited to conducting fitness classes.
- Lead SilverSneakers class and/or other fitness-related classes.
- Set up and takes down equipment before/after class.
- Report any equipment problems/malfunctions to Health & Wellness team.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Ensure safe and effective workouts. Report any accidents or injuries to Wellness Director or Executive Director.
- Ability to set up, move and store class equipment.
- Communicate effectively between members and Fitness Supervisor.
- Enforce management policies. I.e. cell phones, clothing, etc.
- Ensure the members are in a safe environment by continuously scanning the area and making necessary adjustments.
- Risk Management trained.
- Respond to participant feedback and requests for information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by, Wellness Director, Executive Director or CEO.
- Set an example for the participants by displaying mission for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
Carrying X Kneeling X Pushing X Sitting X
Climbing X Lifting X (min 25 lbs) Running X Stooping X
Crouching X Pulling X Standing X Walking X
- SilverSneakers Certification
- Nationally Certified Group Fitness Certification ( ACE, AFTA, IFTA, NETA,)
- CPR/AED Certified (adult and child)
- Completion of required on-line courses within 2 weeks of employment
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Employee Signature Date
Wellness Director Date