Job Title: Group Fitness Instructor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly) Part-Time
Reports To: Fitness Director
Min Mid Max
$16.02 $20.02 $24.02
General Statement of Duties
The position of Group Fitness Instructor is a part-time position with responsibilities at the Summerville Family YMCA. Primary duty is, but not limited to conducting fitness classes.
- Lead fitness and/or other related classes.
- Set up and takes down equipment before/after class.
- Report any equipment problems/malfunctions to Health & Wellness team.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Ensure safe and effective workouts. Report any accidents or injuries to Wellness Director or Executive Director.
- Ability to set up, move and store class equipment.
- Communicate effectively between members and Fitness Supervisor.
- Enforce management policies. I.e. cell phones, clothing, etc.
- Ensure the members are in a safe environment by continuously scanning the area and making necessary adjustments.
- Risk Management trained.
- Respond to participant feedback and requests for information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by, Wellness Director, Executive Director or CEO.
- Set an example for the participants by displaying mission for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Nationally Certified Group Fitness Certification ( ACE, AFTA, IFTA, NETA,)
- CPR/AED Certified (adult and child)
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Carrying _X_ Kneeling_X_ Pushing_X_ Sitting_X_
Climbing_X_ Lifting_X_ Running_X_ Stooping_X_
Crouching_X_ Pulling_X_ Standing_X_ Walking_X_