Job Title: Gymnastics Instructor
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Non-exempt (hourly)
Reports to: Gymnastics Director
Grade Min Mid Max
II 7.60 9.50 11.40
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The position of Gymnastics Instructor is a part-time position with responsibilities at the John Tupper Gymnastics Facility. Primary duty is, but not limited to, instructing recreational classes.
The employee is required to take the required six YMCA on-line training courses within 2 weeks of employment. The courses include: Child Abuse Module 1, Sexual Harassment, ALICE, OSHA ( hazard communications ), blood borne pathogen & slip/trip/fall.
- Instruct recreational classes.
- Assist with special events: i.e. parent’s night out and birthday parties.
- Taking class attendance.
- Occasionally assist with accepting payments. (Cash/check/credit card)
- Lead stretches.
- Ensure proper techniques during stretches.
- Monitor gymnasts’ activities by walking the floor.
- Instruct groups in a creative manner by ensuring skill sets are met.
- Ensure that gymnasts’ are performing in a safe environment by continuously scanning the area and making necessary adjustments. I.e. moving mats and adjusting equipment.
- Effectively communicate in a timely manner with parents regarding students’ progress.
- Respond to participant feedback and requests for information.
- General cleaning duties as assigned. I.e. mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of Emergency Procedures, i.e. fire or inclement weather.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Assistant Gymnastics Director, Gymnastics Director.
- Instruct recreational gymnastics classes and events.
- Set an example for the participants by displaying YMCA Core Values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of indoor settings.
Carrying X Kneeling X Pushing X Sitting X
Climbing X Lifting X Running X Stooping X
Crouching X Pulling X Standing X Walking X
CPR/AED Certified (child and adult)
High School diploma or currently enrolled.