Skill Building and Character Development Happen Here
Whether it is gaining the confidence that comes with learning a new skill or building positive relationships that lead to good character and team work, participating in sports at the Y is about building the whole child, from the inside out. Our sports programs are for all, they feature positive competition and their schedules are designed for family convenience.
- Archery: Our experienced staff will teach the kids ages 5-12 the essentials for Archery. The kids will have the opportunity to learn and perform skills throughout this class at the Oakbrook Family Center. Registration is now open.
- Sporties for Shorties: Ages 3-5 will be introduced to a variety of sports in this eight-week session at The Ponds Family Center. They will learn the basics of football, soccer, t-ball and more! We will focus on listening skills, working as a team, hand-eye coordination and body awareness. Children should wear comfortable clothes and tennis shoes. Registration is now open!
- Volleyball: Pass, set, hit! With an emphasis on team spirit and sportsmanship, players have the opportunity to learn the basic volleyball fundamentals such as underhand serving, setting, hitting, blocking and digging in a fun and positive environment. The co-ed teams will have one practice per week and a total of eight games throughout the season at The Ponds. Team jerseys will be provided. Register today!
For more information, please contact our Sports Directors:
- Oakbrook Family Center: Stephanie Adams, 843-486-1496
- The Ponds Family Center: Drew Heschmeyer, 843-486-1626