The Summerville Family YMCA is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone who enters our doors. There are growing concerns about the potential spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), and in an effort to keep you and your family healthy and prevent the spread of germs, we are sharing some important information as we work together to stay as well and safe as possible during these critical times.
On Monday, June 15, we will have additional offerings during our Phase 2 operations.
Our Downtown and The Ponds Family Centers will operate during the following hours:
Monday — Friday: 5 am — 8 pm
Saturday: 7 am — 5 pm
Sunday: 12 pm— 5 pm
Showers are now available for use at all family centers. When members enter the showers, they will see a sign indicating that specific shower is available for use. Once members are done showering, we ask them to turn the sign notifying the staff that it needs cleaned.
The Oakbrook Family Center Outdoor Pool will now offer:
5 am Lap Swim: Please register 24 hours in advance.
Deep Water Aerobics: Please register 24 in advance.
The Downtown Family Center will now offer Water Aerobics. Please register 24 hours in advance.
We are so happy to see you back! Your health and safety remains our top priority, please view our Cleaning Procedures:
We are excited to open our family centers! We want to keep our members safe and protected while they use our facilities, so we are following strict guidelines from the CDC and state authorities. We will reopen in phases.
We will be cleaning with the following schedule and procedures:
Staff will be using disinfectant to saturate all high touch areas, surfaces, and equipment in all used spaces. Special care will be taken with out of reach areas and all metal equipment (dumbbells, weight plates, benches, barbells).
- Staff will be cleaning every 30 minutes, including high touch areas, equipment, seating, and restrooms using disinfectant.
- Members will be encouraged to wash hands before and after exercise
- Members are asked to wipe down equipment before and after use using equipment wipes or disinfectant.
- Rugs will be vacuumed at mid-day.
- Touchless hand soap and paper towel dispensers are available
- Staff will saturate all high touch areas, surfaces, and equipment with disinfectant.
- Staff will thoroughly clean all open spaces including restrooms.
- Floors will be mopped nightly
- We will clean all high touch areas and surfaces including hard to reach areas, door frames and seating.
- If you have any questions, please visit our Welcome Center.